31 December 2012

2012

Here we are. The year is ending once again. What did this year hold for you? Think back to the beginning. What did you want to accomplish? What did you swear you'd do, or stop doing? What has changed?

I learned a lot this year. I got through the hardest, but most rewarding 9 weeks of my life teaching kids at a summer camp. I learned how to build a computer (and did it). I learned how to drive a car. I finished Geometry in school, which I've got to say was the most fun subject I've ever studied. I learned how to work for a political campaign and spend four days doing so. We lost, but that's OK.

2012 was a reminder that each year always tops the last one. We saw revolutions, innovations, democracy, and breakthroughs. We elected a president. Again. Some of us mourned, others rejoiced.
We watched athletes from all over the world come together and compete so that we could find out which ones were the very best at their sport. We laughed as the world didn't end on December 21st (at least, not that we know of.) We cried when disturbed individuals with guns killed innocent people for no particular reason. We stood with mouths agape as a song by a South Korean guy we'd never heard of was listened to by over a billion people on Youtube. We watched countries fight for independence. We saw the revolution in Libya. We saw floods and earthquakes and tsunamis. We helped New York recover from a hurricane.



2012 was a hard year, but...

We made it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I kinda shivered after reading this. Well written!

    2012 was the best! ^_^!

    ReplyDelete