26 December 2012

Dancing

I've tried to dance. I'm not really good at it. I made a few illustrations to demonstrate:

In this picture, I'm standing still. I retain a slight "cool" factor in this manner. I'm not making a fool of myself in this picture. However, in the next picture, I am at a dance. I am attempting to dance. Note the fact that I am in motion, and thus making a fool of myself. The cool lights and cool fog don't mask this fact.


However, I can in fact retain the cool factor when in motion, as long as I am not attempting to adhere to any sort of rhythm. I can walk and still look cool. I can swim and look cool, in a drowning sort of way. I drive a car and look cool (although that depends greatly on what kind of car I'm in.) However when rhythm is applied, the cool factor drops to practically nonexistent. Here's a chart showing what I mean:


Note how the amount of movement increases dramatically as I realize how low the cool factor is sinking. This then causes the cool factor to bottom out altogether. I suppose the best strategy is to avoid high levels of rhythm altogether.




7 comments:

  1. I am horrified that you chose blogspot (uggh, bleck, ick, so-out-dated) over Wordpress (modern, chic, well-implemented, easy-to-use). This is one area where Google has failed.

    I find that graph to be intensely amusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well, I thought about Wordpress. Maybe next time around. Glad you enjoyed the graph.

      Delete
  2. My google reader can't find a feed. I am not amused.

    ReplyDelete